A Southern Favorite:
One of the greatest joys of being raised in the South is all the incredible food. Fried Chicken is a staple here in the South. Every family has their own secret recipes passed down from generation to generation. I have used different variations of our family's recipe and created what I believe is the best recipe for extra crispy fried chicken. Welcome to the South and enjoy some great food, from my table to yours.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready in: 22 minutes
Serves : 4 people
- 8 Chicken Legs
- 2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Preheat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- In large bowl, mix flour, seasoned bread crumbs, seasoned salt, salt , pepper and crushed corn flakes.
- In medium size bowl, whisk all four eggs together.
- Dip each chicken leg into the egg mixture. Coating thoroughly.
- Then dip each leg into the dry batter. Coating thoroughly. Pat the batter down to make sure it sticks to the chicken leg.
- Dip the chicken leg back into the egg mixture.
- Add a second coat of dry batter. Pat it down with your hands to make sure it sticks to the chicken leg.
- Place the chicken legs into the preheated oil and cook 12 - 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Always remember when cooking chicken to cook thoroughly.
Always disinfect your counters and dishes after cooking chicken and wash hands thoroughly.
Easy Dinner Recipe
This recipe is very quick and easy to make. Add a fresh salad or vegetables for a great dinner.