Banana Ricotta Ice Cream #Recipe
Good morning and welcome to Biscotti & Bracelets. Today I have a special treat for you, to help keep you cool all summer long.
Try out this delicious Banana Ricotta Ice Cream Recipe created by Executive Chef, Anthony Stewart at Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
- 1 pound very ripe bananas (peeled, vacuum sealed, and frozen)
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove bananas from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes (until they begin to defrost around the edges).
- Place ricotta cheese in a food processor and pulse.
- Chop the bananas and add to the food processor along with all remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop mixture into a plastic bowl and cover with food-grade plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap touches the top of the mixture. Place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.