Kiehl's Since 1851 Now Open at Disney Springs
Welcome to Biscotti & Bracelets!
I am so excited to announce the arrival of Kiehl's in my city.
Kiehl's is now open at Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
The new Kiehl's Since 1851 opened on March 3rd. Be sure to stop by and experience the amazing atmosphere, traditions and products first hand.
Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care preparations, will open its first retail store in Disney Springs on March 3. Kiehl’s is proud to add a sixth location in Florida to discover Kiehl’s efficacious skin, hair and body care products, personalized customer service, and 165-year-old heritage through the complete Kiehl’s experience.
Kiehl’s at Disney Springs mirrors the unique ambiance found in the company’s original New York Flagship, which began as a neighborhood apothecary in 1851. The new store brings a modern New York apothecary to Florida, referencing the company’s original East Village roots and blending antique apothecary fixtures with modern flair.
Kiehl’s at Disney Springs continues the company’s commitment to superior customer service through its traditional practices:
- Kiehl’s commitment to environmental responsibility and Recycle and Be Rewarded! Kiehl’s utilizes natural, sustainable materials and energy-efficient light fixtures – and encourages patrons to recycle Kiehl’s packaging with a specially designed recycling bin, promoted through Kiehl’s Recycle and Be Rewarded! program. The program offers customers the opportunity to return empty Kiehl’s jars, bottles and tubes to the store for recycling, in exchange for complimentary products.
- Kiehl’s commitment to education through attentive service is accentuated through a dedicated personal consultation area. The enhanced space provides an opportunity for Kiehl’s Customer Representatives (KCRs) and patrons to converse privately about products best suited for the customer’s individual needs. KCRs also use tools such as Skin Barrier Testing Tabs and a revolutionary Dehydration Analyzer Tool to help diagnose the health and hydration level of a customer’s skin, and recommend the most appropriate products for him or her.
- Simple, no-frills packaging allows Kiehl’s to formulate its products with high quantities of the most efficacious, natural ingredients available.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Rewards, the company’s point-based loyalty program that honors and rewards customers with benefits including special invitations, offers, and early access to new products and formulations.
- Generous sampling through Kiehl’s “try before you buy” program offers the complete Kiehl’s line of skin and hair care for men, women, children and babies with a generous offering of its traditional product samples. To assure its customers always find exactly what they need, Kiehl’s offers a 100% money back guarantee on all purchases, and guarantees that customers will see revitalized skin in 28 days or their money back.
- Custom gifting 365 days a year allows customers to create personalized gifts year-round. A Kiehl’s Customer Representative will help the customer assemble a personalized, custom gift box, choosing items based on recipient, theme, ingredient or price, from any and all products in the store.
The 1,681 sq. ft. retail space maintains Kiehl’s signature apothecary aesthetic and features:
- Personal consultation table – A designated table provides patrons a comfortable station for complimentary Healthy Skin Consultations by KCRs, which helps them determine the formula's best suited for their personal needs.
- Men’s Destination – an unintimidating space for specialized grooming education and demonstrations designed for men. A KCR will be on hand to offer quick, straightforward service and recommendations on the Kiehl’s products that are most tailored to men’s needs. Specially designed accents such as military-style lockers and props bring this relaxing stop to life for Kiehl’s male patrons.
- Carrara marble tables, counters and trim – provide a utilitarian, functional approach.
- Natural, sustainable materials – such as tabletops made from paperstone, a waterproof material made from 100 % post-consumer recycled paper.
- Energy-efficient compact fluorescent lighting – spotlights Kiehl’s products in an environmentally friendly way.
- Kiehl’s signature motorcycle – this icon of Kiehl’s heritage will be on permanent display, evocative of the passions and adventurous spirit of Kiehl’s founding family.
- Vintage photographs and mementos take customers on an exciting journey through Kiehl’s rich history.
- Botanical-inspired graphics – The walls feature custom graphic designs that highlight the botanicals used in Kiehl’s products and elements nodding to our 165-year history.
- “Mr. Bones” – the teaching skeleton and Kiehl’s icon. Pharmacist and Kiehl’s founding family member Mr. Aaron Morse valued education for his employees and his customers. As he prescribed treatments for his customers, he would use a teaching skeleton nicknamed “Mr. Bones” to explain the uses of the suggested formulas.
About the company:
About Kiehl’s Since 1851:
Kiehl’s was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York’s East Village neighborhood. After years as an ambitious apprentice, John Kiehl purchased the business and began operating under the Kiehl name, serving the burgeoning New York community with unique herbal remedies.
In 1921, John Kiehl’s apprentice, Mr. Irving “Doc” Morse, purchased the business and expanded it to a full-service pharmacy, stocking medicines, and tinctures. Doc Morse, a pharmacist and herbologist, passed the business on to his son, Aaron, himself a chemist and avid motorcyclist and aviator. Aaron introduced the first Kiehl’s-branded products in the 1950’s. Aaron’s daughter, Jami, was raised at Kiehl’s amongst the “family” of employees, who together fostered a tradition of attentive, personalized service for every patron.
Over the generations, the Morse family committed Kiehl’s to serving the community uniquely efficacious skin and hair formulations made with the finest natural ingredients in the apothecary tradition.
Kiehl’s unique, extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal and medicinal knowledge developed and passed on through the generations. Over the years, longtime customer favorite formulations such as Ultra Facial Cream, Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, Musk Oil, Lip Balm #1, Creme de Corps, Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, and new formulas such as Super Multi-Corrective Cream,
Daily Reviving Concentrate, Calendula Deep Cleaning Foaming Face Wash, Facial Fuel, Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and Dermatologist Solutions have been created with uniquely efficacious, natural ingredients and the education and knowledge culled from generations of research and requests from our customers.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 opens March 3, 2017 at Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Phone: 407-560-0881. Daily hours will be 10AM-11PM.
For more information about Kiehl’s, please visit www.kiehls.com.
All information and photos c/o of Press Release.